We woke up around 8:30 this morning, Pablo and I. We didn't make it that far out of the room.
I got him some milk. He watched his Ipad a bit. Then a car passed and I said, is that papa.
He stood by the window, staring longingly.
I saw the tinted windows and car parking in front of our house and thought, that must be him.
A neighbor's son stepped out of the car, "Not papa," I said sadly.
"When's papa coming?" Pablo asked desperately.
"Soon, any minute now? Keep looking out the window. "You could put on pants?" I suggested to my naked boy.
All of a sudden, I saw a car drive by with what seemed like a larger man in the back. I didn't want to tell P that was him because I wasn't 100% sure, so I played it cool.
"Keep looking." I said and then, when Pablo turned around for a split second. He arrived at the gate.
"Hola familia!" He said cheerfully.
I ran to throw on clothes to be decent enough to go outside to open our gate. Pablo ran to to the door and opened it naked. He waited patiently as I opened the gate to our door, and then we put in the key to open the gate to the courtyard. Papa picked up Pablo and gave him a giant bear hug. He moved him to one side and invited me into the family hug.
We cuddled. We smiled. We sighed.
#Thankfulforfamily #SOL20 #day28
I got him some milk. He watched his Ipad a bit. Then a car passed and I said, is that papa.
He stood by the window, staring longingly.
I saw the tinted windows and car parking in front of our house and thought, that must be him.
A neighbor's son stepped out of the car, "Not papa," I said sadly.
"When's papa coming?" Pablo asked desperately.
"Soon, any minute now? Keep looking out the window. "You could put on pants?" I suggested to my naked boy.
All of a sudden, I saw a car drive by with what seemed like a larger man in the back. I didn't want to tell P that was him because I wasn't 100% sure, so I played it cool.
"Keep looking." I said and then, when Pablo turned around for a split second. He arrived at the gate.
"Hola familia!" He said cheerfully.
I ran to throw on clothes to be decent enough to go outside to open our gate. Pablo ran to to the door and opened it naked. He waited patiently as I opened the gate to our door, and then we put in the key to open the gate to the courtyard. Papa picked up Pablo and gave him a giant bear hug. He moved him to one side and invited me into the family hug.
We cuddled. We smiled. We sighed.
#Thankfulforfamily #SOL20 #day28
Yeah. I feel the sigh of relief from over here.
ReplyDeleteKevin
This slice is a breath of fresh air! Such a positive tone woven throughout. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI can feel the love of your long awaited reunion here. I also like how you used Pablo to describe both his and your feelings. Your feelings were tangible through his movements. Happy for you all to be together.
ReplyDeleteI remember reading your post so many days ago, "It Breaks my Heart"....I'm SO glad that he finally made it home!!! :-) ~JudyK
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete