Translate

Friday, March 6, 2020

Nostalgia Soundtrack- Part 1

Trying to figure out an idea for today's blog while listening to music and one just penetrated my brain.  There are a probably number of other songs to add to this list but here are some in no particular order that generated small moments instantaneously.

1994- March- All 4 One: I swear... A definite sign of how much my music choices have evolved over the years since my wild days as an 8th grader.   I remember this song because it was the only time I ever called a radio station to request a song and actually got through.  After I hung up the phone with the radio station, I called a number of my friends who were listening to the radio to listen for my voice and the song to come on.  

2010- March- Coldplay concert:  Fix You... Oh what a beautiful night outside of Emirates Palace when it sprinkled down rain upon us in the steamy desert, followed by a steamy night with the Syrian and a personal day to recover from it all.  It was a night I will never forget. 

2012-June- Christina Aguilera and Pitbull: Feel this moment... I was teaching 5th grade and the kids had been doing a dance unit with the PE teacher.  During the dance unit, they did a flashmob to this song in the lunch room, which was gorgeous and full of energy, which overflowed to the end of the school year and was played almost every hour during our 5th grade class trip in the Pyrenees.  

2016- July- Twenty One Pilots: Ride.. This one was popular during the summer Andres and I visited the US before we had Pablo.  We went to the lake.  We drove from St. Louis to Greenville, North Carolina stopping in Nashville and the Smoky Mountains and we went to Heather Rich's wedding in New York City.  It was a great last summer couples trip for awhile as we became parents the next summer.  

2019-December- Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats: SOB... I heard this one just as I was rounding up the most recent season of Atypical.  It was featured during a chaotic scene which featured the main character getting married to his best friend in a Vegas Chapel.  The whole thing was comical but the speed of the song paralleled our entire Christmas vacation and us chaotically moving from one country, house, bed to another over 3 weeks... More importantly, it introduced me to this artist whom I have fallen in love with sense. 

#SOL20 #Day6 #Theweekendshere

2 comments:

  1. I have never thought to look at my memories through music. Your song related memories were fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great prompt. I could totally use this with my high school students, and I think I will actually try it out for myself now!

    ReplyDelete