A week that has seemed like forever is drawing to an end or in other words, a new more positive sky has risen.
It started last Monday night, I woke up to go to the bathroom, while sleeping in my friend's bed with my son. Travelling nomads we are, this is not a rare occasion for us, but when I crawled back in the rolly polly roll around seemed more like a wrestling match with a monster and then a "Mama, mi panza duele" which in Argentine Spanish, means: My tummy hurts. I got Pablo some water. Still, he kept saying it, "Mi panza duele." And as he said it, in dreary Mom mode, I got frustrated as it was 1 am in the morning. "Go to sleep, Pablo." And the reaction to those words was projectile vomiting, all over the sheets, on the floor, in the bathroom. It's bad when it's in your house but when it's in someone else's house, in the middle of the night, you just kind of cave in and think 'Is this really happening?'
The next day, we took it slow, no milk, more carbs, Pablo was lethargic. I was convinced it was food poisoning. Too many peaches. Typing it makes me realize I think like an old wives tale. So when we went to fly and Pablo took a super long nap, I breathed a sigh of relief. He'll sleep it off. But as I ate my lunch and my glass of wine didn't seem so right and my fish tasted too fishy, I would be lying to myself if I wasn't worried something else was lurking in our tummies. As we landed, Pablo asked for a little milk, and I indulged, knowing I was breaking every doctor and mommy rule in the book, but I wanted him to be soothed, comforted. He drank it, seemed fine. 20 minutes later as we were looking up to the screen for our luggage information, the exorcist returned. Vomit everywhere, milky, curdly vomit and the little food he had eaten all day. Bless his heart, Pablo was more chill about it than his mom. He strutted through the airport shirtless until we were able to get our suitcase.
Wednesday hit, and my stomach and body started to twist and turn, shrivel up, slow down. "My tummy hurts" was becoming common conversation with Pablo and I throughout the day.
And on Thursday, I could barely move and was walking around nauseous when I decided to call it a day, and take a family trip to our pediatrician. She strictly prescribed "No sugar, no raw foods, rice, bread, crackers, liquids... and rest.. plus a capsule of liquid probiotics a day."
It's Sunday morning, and we seem to be on the up and up, but I missed some quality adult foodie experiences (Korean and Julia) I needed this week and am going on week 5 of single parenting so I am hoping and praying that today will be the last day we share the phrase "My tummy hurts" for awhile.
#Day1 #SOL2020 #Sliceoflifechallenge
The exorcist returned- funny, not funny. I like the small details you have included here. I hope you are both on the mend and hope A is home soon!
ReplyDelete