Translate

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Wednesday Work Appreciations

Wednesday Work Appreciations


  • The music team at Lincoln and their willingness to let me work with them on inquiry units as I stumble around with my limited knowledge of intervals, rhythm and more. 
  • The Grade 5 team who lets me question the hell out of them about mixtures and solutions and annoyingly make sure that what they're doing is grounded in standards and concepts.  And especially to Bernie, who confirms whether or not any of our ideas are scientifically legit. 
  • A head of school who looks out for me, who called me into his office today to make sure that I was okay after a colleague berated me in a meeting yesterday.  I shrugged it off.  KL was the first full time leadership position I had and initially there was a lot of resistance.  Still, the same, I was well supported by my colleagues and my leadership team and got shit done.  I feel the same way here with my superintendent, fellow coaches and principals. 
  • The flexibility and courage of the 4th grade team.  This team has taken on a wealth of new units this year and often, as leaders in teaching and learning we don't have concrete answers for them as they continue to plan.  Still, they are patient, willing to problem solve and super invested in making learning unbelievably rich for every student.  Go Grade 4 team. 
  • HS IB professor of art, Lindsay Rude and her IB art students, particularly those in the second sala, who had some beautiful themes wonderfully connected or justified by literature, politics, emotional or artistic references.  
  • Little second grader, Cameron, for being well behaved during lunch duty today and not getting in my face at one point. 
#SOL19  #learning #schools #TWTblog 

2 comments: