Need a run? Yes, I do.
In more ways than one.
Too bad. So sad.
Nanny is busy.
Babysitter has SATs
My 3 hours of zen, exercise and peace
Has now become my prime demise
A half marathon a week from tomorrow
My body folds into sorrow
Knowing that I need to get on the road
In order to be able to survive next week's race.
An afternoon stroll to get all that we need
Milk, fruits, chorizo
Ice cream, Chalk, Bubbles
I am feeling good until I scoop Pablo up and
Notice he is smelly and has two wet spots.
I coerce him home with ice cream and bananas
In my hands
Although he doesn't understand
Why there is no instant gratification.
I set my 21 month old on the counter
And he fidgets with the broken coffee maker
And slam
The grinds fly everywhere
In the air
On the floor
Not much room for me to score.
Cutting watermelon
On the floor
The only way I can keep him occupied
Is to give him a bowl
And put every 5th piece in it
And the others in the one for the refrigerator
He grabs for the knife in the split second
I put it down
And all to sudden sees my frown
Which saves us from a wound
At least.
Bedtime's norm is milk, books and mama's bed.
We play, snuggle and move to P's place.
I think I have worn him out and we are on book 8.
I put him to sleep and it seems like he is out almost.
Then...
#TWTblog #Sliceoflife19 #parenting
There are some great lines in here! I love "My body folds into sorrow" and "I coerce him home with ice cream and bananas." And, while I'm not a single mom, I am a mom and this slice felt so *honest* - I have lived this slice and I lived it again with you today. I hope you get a good run in before the half marathon and that your little one gets a good night's sleep.
ReplyDeleteOh no! One of 'those days'. The knife bit had my heart in my throat! Dawn will bring a new day. Hang in there!
ReplyDelete