Translate

Monday, March 11, 2019

The Workout Farm

"Okay, your form is really looking good there. Rib cage down, shoulders back.  Engage."
On Mondays, I work out with a cute, American, 20-something med school dropout/ weightlifting champion at a hardcore sparring center, a la Rocky, in the heart of Buenos Aires.

It's not that I want to be Rocky or a bodybuilder or ripped.  Mostly it's about wanting to be able to pick up my child who continuously gains weight because he loves to eat almost everything, which I mentioned in yesterday's post.  That, and as a proud mama, of an incredibly loving, hug, kiss and snuggle giving little boy, I want to soak up every last second of being able to hold him in my arms.

So, there's that and there's also the fact that I would rather drop dead than voluntarily do push-ups or chin-ups or hang from a bar.  It's just not something that sparks joy. 

Therefore, I am super thankful for parents who have always modeled healthy living and have been fortunate enough to work out with trainers for the last 20 years; my brother, who is always experimenting with the latest fitness rage, my trainers or other trainers who have inspired me to challenge myself to do something way out of my comfort zone (ie. running, yoga, core and leg workouts).

#selfcare #SOL19 #luckyinlife #athleticism

No comments:

Post a Comment