Translate

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Why I Run

Why I Run
I run to release
the stress
locking my 
jaw 
when days go bad.

I run to 
REVIVE
and get energy
so I can go 
home and lift up
my babe.
.

I run to get lost
in cities, 
mountains,
countryside,
beaches,
riverbanks
and 
rice paddy fields.

I run to interpret
my own 
and others 
feelings
about hard days at work.

I run to give
myself a physical
challenge, 
motivation to 
improve upon
times. 

I run for the 
togetherness.
What doesn't
kill us makes
us stronger.  
Each time we pass
one another, I feel 
my heart lift up 
and my shoes get
a little lighter. 


#TWTblog #SliceofLife #Runhard #MWM

1 comment:

  1. I loved the repitition in your poem of the phrase, "I run to.." It really emphasized your point and made your poem flow. My favorite line:
    "I run to release
    the stress
    locking my
    jaw
    when days go bad."

    I am so glad you found something that bring so much joy!

    ReplyDelete