In the passenger seat,
I am able to float in and out
of the world.
I read my book
Jumping into
Another character's life
and imagining
What exactly I would do
if I were in their shoes?
And then, I see the never ending stream of flashing lights,
the Domino rows of cars.
Even the motorbikes are trapped
in this stream crossing.
I go back to my book.
A Morman world,
A lack of education,
Being devalued as a women,
All of it makes me feel mad.
A yawn crawls across my face
spreading itself wide.
My frustration seeps into my
slouchy shoulders.
I long for my bed to
give my mind a break
and let my eyes soak in the
darkness.
Darkness these days equals peace,
no flashy LCD screen,
no social media updates.
We speed past the accident
and into the darkness steadily.
Home is calling fiercely,
sending out messages of love
that fuel the way back.
Love the flow and pace of this piece!
ReplyDeleteThis line:"Home is calling fiercely,
ReplyDeletesending out messages of love
that fuel the way back. "
So vivid! I love how you use the word fiercely. I always feel this way returning home after a trip.