The cries, they are painstaking; seeing his face when he cries is even worse, so here I am trying to do a slice of life because it's a distraction from them.
The transition is real for this sweet child of mine. Many of my friends said "he'll be fine, he is just a baby." The reality is he knows. He knows that the air freshener in his grandmother's summer beach house was the one we had in our toilet in Kuala Lumpur. He knows that the remotes should turn on air conditioners. He knows that sleeping in different beds and seeing new people all the time means something is not right in his world. He has felt this move and because of that I have felt it more.
One part of me is appreciating this time of wonder and smiles and courageous risk taking and constant skin to skin snuggles. The other part of me wonders if I am causing permanent damage in my child's life by taking him away from his third parent, Cora, our nanny of the last year; by taking him away from his friends who he can poke and prod and they usually reciprocate; by challenging him to adapt to a new world that we are still 8 days away from.
Moving has never been so complicated in my life; coupled with Andres working a ton and feeling like a single parent, two summer breaks of not really breaks, this mom is #wornout #exhausted #wondering if it's all worth it.
So for those of you with experience, this is a call for help, please reach out to me via facebook, whatsapp, etc., I need to know that Pablo and I are going to make it through this, or some magic tricks that will help make it easier. Experience is priceless and I am banking on the wonderful set of expertise that lies in all corners of the world to lift me up.
Xoxo
The transition is real for this sweet child of mine. Many of my friends said "he'll be fine, he is just a baby." The reality is he knows. He knows that the air freshener in his grandmother's summer beach house was the one we had in our toilet in Kuala Lumpur. He knows that the remotes should turn on air conditioners. He knows that sleeping in different beds and seeing new people all the time means something is not right in his world. He has felt this move and because of that I have felt it more.
One part of me is appreciating this time of wonder and smiles and courageous risk taking and constant skin to skin snuggles. The other part of me wonders if I am causing permanent damage in my child's life by taking him away from his third parent, Cora, our nanny of the last year; by taking him away from his friends who he can poke and prod and they usually reciprocate; by challenging him to adapt to a new world that we are still 8 days away from.
Moving has never been so complicated in my life; coupled with Andres working a ton and feeling like a single parent, two summer breaks of not really breaks, this mom is #wornout #exhausted #wondering if it's all worth it.
So for those of you with experience, this is a call for help, please reach out to me via facebook, whatsapp, etc., I need to know that Pablo and I are going to make it through this, or some magic tricks that will help make it easier. Experience is priceless and I am banking on the wonderful set of expertise that lies in all corners of the world to lift me up.
Xoxo
I wish I could help you. I may not have the exact same experience as you, but what I do know is that in the midst of the tough you can find the "now' that is sweet and calm and these moments sustain you. Find the little things to be grateful for. Remember to breathe. Wishing you and your child the best in this transition.
ReplyDeleteSoooo remember those days! I promise it does get better (and easier) as they grow up, but however possible now your priority will probably be to take things slowly now. You may miss some catch ups and new adventures, but you will be the stability for Pablo that he needs. xox
ReplyDeleteAlthough change is inevitable, it is not eady. It takes its toll on all of us the young especially since they don't know what is happening. I don't have any advice to offer, unfortunately. However, right now you are the constant and stability in Pablo's life. You will get through this.
ReplyDeleteThis feeling too shall pass. :) love you bella
ReplyDelete