Translate

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Writing blues

We all get them, the block, the inability to write, the overflowing of stories told aloud and yet, this withdrawal from doing anything useful with your computer.

It's summer, it's excusable. But, is it really? I mean, me and my current life of yoga, 5-10 km runs, eating amazingly good locally grown food, taking Spanish classes, using overpriced skin products, going on overdue doctor's visits and finally, sleeping; all in all, I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to legitimize my slacking.

There's the overthinking of what I should write about.  I have this strength, particularly wondrous ability to write amazingly strong forewords to stories untold.  Perhaps, it's because the stories are all in my head, or perhaps, it's because I am afraid of letting them erupt onto the paper.  They're lingering mystery tied up in knots in a creative foreword is a safe place for those stories and so, I leave them.

There's the voice in me, that's thinking "that doesn't sound right" or "that's not how it was" or "how on earth do I use words to describe that moment, that joy, that ecstasy, that love?"  There's always that voice.  It sits there next to you creeping up your skin, saying, "You're spending too much money."  "You're not working hard enough on yourself."  "What are you doing with the boy in Venezuela? What is he doing right now?"  It's always there haunting you like your exboyfriends in the start of a new relationship.  But the voice never leaves, it just lurks around and sometimes hides behind the curtain when we can be strong and ignore it and really say inwardly, 'let it go, forget about it, live..'

So my writing blues are just those things: overthinking, voices, lack of dedication,  procrastination, call it what you will, but here I am writing, totally capable of making it all possible, it all a reality, it all beautiful and it all heard.

Sending all my love to the universe and trying not to worry about loved ones around the world.
Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment